In The Gambia, Malaria, Diabetes, Strokes, Acute Respiratory Tract Infections and Diarrheal diseases ranked among the most important causes of morbidity and mortality.
Fajara Rotary health care development projects ensure maximum impact and a long term return on investment by training and equipping local medical professionals to mange the development and delivery of health care awareness and disease prevention training programs that empower disadvantaged and under developed communities in The Gambia.
Rotary Club provides immunizations and antibiotics to babies, improve access to essential medical services, and support trained health care providers for mothers and their children.
Volunteer health professionals, doctors, nurses, lab technicians, social workers, counselors and anybody experienced in the health sector are always needed for projects organised by the Fajara Rotary Club.
Rotary International projects are helping to educate and mobilise local communities to help prevent the spread of major diseases such as polio, HIV/AIDS, and malaria.
Fajara Rotary Club is working to improve and expand access to low-cost and free health care for women in the underdeveloped areas of The Gambia.
Fajara Rotary Club Projects
- Rotary partnered with UNICEF, CDC the GAMBIA Government and who and participated in the 1st and 2nd round of the polio immunization campaign in 2010 and 2011 where more than 360,000. Children across the GAMBIA were immunized at a cost of USD21,751.00
- presentation of medical drugs worth USD30,000.00 in February 2010 to the health sector of GUINEA BISSAU through the rotary club of BISSAU
- Provision of Cervical Cancer machine in September 2009 to the royal Victoria teaching hospital worth GBP 12,000
- provision medical items worth USD30,000.00 to royal Victoria teaching hospital in October 2009
- presentation of drugs for psychiatric unit in January 2008 to the royal Victoria teaching hospital in Banjul worth USD30,000
- motorbike Ambulances for MANDINARING village in the Western region in 2007
- provision of medical equipment in 2006 and 2007 in the pediatric wing of BANSANG hospital the central River region, worth GBP47,000.00
- Rotary partnered with the Embassy of china on Taiwan for a sub national immunization days in Western region in 2006 for children worth USD150,000.00
- Donation of complete set of computer and printer to the physiotherapy unit of the RVTH in 2004
- provided medicinal drugs to CAMPAMA psychiatric Hospital and repaired the Generator in 2004 at a cost of GMD250,000
- Provided drugs Medicaments and supplies worth GMD1,000,00 to the BASSE community in 2003
- provided 8 moped motorbikes for the CAMPAMA mental home community outreach PROGRAMME in 2002
- football matches for polio awareness in 2001